1. NJ residents only: New Jersey State Law requires all dogs that live in NJ and are over 6 months need to be registered annually for a dog license. Please check with your municipality to obtain a license. If you live in a different state, you do not need a NJ dog license to play at Ruff House.
2. All dogs must be registered with Ruff House to access the dog park.
3. All dogs must be up to date on the following vaccinations: DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella.
4. All dogs must be at least 6-8 months old and spayed or neutered to play during our regular playtime at Ruff House.
Puppies 8 months and younger can attend our "Puppy Social" and do not need to be spayed or neutered. Please check for days and times on our Calendar & Special Events page. Requirements for the Puppy Social: DAPP and Rabies or first rounds of vaccinations.
5. Owners must stay and supervise their dog(s) at all times. Dogs must be under voice control by the owner or handler. All dogs are welcome at Ruff House, however, a dog showing any aggressive or bully-like behavior repeatedly; may be asked to leave. Please try and keep your dogs barking to a minimum as it could add stress to other dogs. Some dogs may require a "time out" or a break, feel free to take them outside on our grass area on the side of the building.
6. All dogs must always be leashed unless they are safely inside the designated play areas. Spiked, prong, chain, choke, or shock collars are not permitted in Ruff House. Please remove all collars and leashes once in the play areas with the exception of breakaway collars.
7. Owners are responsible for cleaning up their dog's waste inside and outside of Ruff House. Special bags, waste cans, and sanitary cleaners are available in each play area. We encourage you to try and have your dog(s) use the outdoor designated areas before coming inside or they can use the K9 turf box inside of Ruff House. The K9 turf box has a unique backing that allows for immediate drainage of liquid waste. The turf boxes, toys, and floors are sanitized daily.
8. Owners are not permitted to bring any human food, dog treats or any glass items.
9. All children under the age of 12 are not permitted inside the play areas. This is for their own safety. We recommend not bringing small children as they will need strict supervision.
10. Any dog showing signs of illness (vomiting, diarrhea) will be asked to leave.
11. There is a 2-dog limit per owner at any one time. If you have more than two dogs in the same household another adult must accompany the additional dog(s).